Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BITTER SWEET,PLEASURE PAIN - blast from 2008

(I wrote this in 2008 but it still get alot of comments and alot of what i said still applies to 2009,so i decided to share it with you. i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it. enjoy.)


In 2008 I will achieve my perfect weight, get my perfect job, find the perfect man, buy the perfect house and car and settle down to a perfect life’’. That’s the ending I would have gone with if I was in charge of the planet, but all any of us get to be in charge of is who we are in our own stories. In this story I want to say, Don’t torment yourself with regret! You know them, ‘I shouldn’t have spent all that money on .....’, ‘I should have ....’ What can I say? Fantasies fade, plans unravel, things change, and we grieve for the past as if the past were a fallen friend. But for all our coulda, woulda, shouldas, we should be keenly aware that we are on borrowed time.

This knowledge should make us sit up and take notice of every bittersweet second. When time is of the essence, you pay attention, you splurge on things u consider, well, splurges, you don’t let anything, anything at all, go unspoken, you watch, you memorize, you love a little harder.

In 2008, I watched, I gave and took, I read and travelled, I tried and failed, I despaired and rallied, I protested, I partied, persevered. And though I did not find ‘the one’ I found one that loved and loves in a world that love doesn’t come easy (JESUS). I found a sea of people and some of them I’m priviledge to call friends. I should name names but instead ill say ‘Lucky me’.

To 2008, thanks! You thought me life is joy and sorrow, hand in hand. And that, my friends, is all I know. That and this, I’ll see you in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. hi city crawler, this is the best ive read from you yet, thanks.
    pls is there a number i can reach you on if i come abuja???

    ReplyDelete