I promised to keep you posted every week as Abuja comes alive and bring you the hottest of the Hottest. Before I start, thanks to everyone who e-mailed and sent in their suggestions, its all duly noted but you will all agree with me that in general, the hottest Person last week, the man whose name was (and still is) on everybody’s (both young and old) lips, Attahiru Jega.
P.S This week we got serious but in a fun way as is our usual, but I assure you that next week we will be tackling the hottest Party Animal, the hottest trend, the hottest place to spot the hottest trend and more hot gist on CC Extra. You can send suggestions and nominations and hot gist/gossip(wink) to email@example.com
We miss Douglas Wokocha – jekan. Ok, you probably know him as Douglas or Doug or the Dougman, that smooth voice you hear on the morning drive on rhythm fm from 6am – 9am, well CC is sad to announce that Abuja has lost one of its finest to Lagos. For 9 years on rhythm, doug held us spell bound. He is that voice that woke us up in the morning and took us through the drive to work and got us settled in. We sure will miss him and we wish him all the best in all his future endavours.
*you can catch Doug on Beat FM Lagos*
So in line with the Postponement of this past weekends Senatorial Elections and postponement of the postponement that left us all dizzy, I decided to conduct a pool amongst a few Nigerians. Everyone has a different view on Jega, some feel pretty strongly that he should be sacked or do the honorable thing and resign, some believe he is the man for the job, some believe that he shouldn’t be judged yet but should be given time and some are just generally sitting on the fence. I picked a few *all comments anon*
• A disillusioned Gentleman
• The only man to admit and accept his error. If only we have leaders like him
• I am sure Maurice Iwu has an evil grin on his face
• He had enough time and money at his disposal, logistics issues are un acceptable, he could have done better
• (J)onathan (E)bele (G)oodluck (A)zikiwe – JEGA
• I am actually not one of those asking for him to be crucified as I believe in his sincerity to deliver a free and fair election.
• In his bid to get it right he had to be responsible for a few errors
• Jega should be judged based on an election, no election has been held yet
• He must be supported at all cost
• He is an amateur in the game of Nigerian politics and power
• A brave man (I wouldn’t have the guts to hold that press conference if I was him)
• A man in a difficult position
• Jega is unprepared and it will cost us
• He is a sincere man
• He will change the way elections go in this country
• He is inconsistent and confused
• Professor of incompetence and thief of billions
• Obj’s most underrated but most valuable player
• A Dissapiontment
• Jega april fooled the whole nation
• He is under too much pressure
• I had already prepared for the public holiday,mcheeeew…… (I laughed at this one)
*You can leave your comment in the comment section*
Still on the Election, cos that’s the buzz, the hottest place right now is the WEB and I’m not just talking social networks. Information is getting around quicker, disseminating faster and better than the network stations. Even the news paper mediums have taken to the web. With one click you can get up to date info on not just the Elections, but also on all the candidates running for office. If you are on twitter please follow @inecnigeria, @eienigeria and @234next, my favourite’s for reliable election updates. And of course you can follow me on @ijwhiterabbit and us on @citycrawlerLive.